Insights provides you with data to better understand how your content marketing engine is enabling your marketing efforts. You can access Insights from the top navigation bar when logged into Kapost. There are several main sections (boards) in Insights: Inventory, Operations, and Reach.
Many boards have a few key actions available. Begin by adjusting the date range for the page in the upper right hand corner. This applies to all graphs on the selected board. You can choose a preselected date range or a custom date range.
You can also download an image of any chart by clicking the download icon.
All graphs include an info icon that you can click on to learn more about any of the charts.
Many charts allow you to download the grid by clicking on the download icon next to the title of the chart.
Understanding what content you have—and where gaps exist—is critical to a functional content operation. Kapost is able to uniquely help our customers identify where organizations have coverage and where there are gaps. The Inventory board within Insights helps our customers do just that.
- Content Stages The Content Stages area allows you to see a high level overview of how much content you have that's planned, in progress, and completed. You can also see a total of all content.
- Alignment to Initiatives This graph lets users understand how much content is contained within an Initiative. A core message is important to any marketing effort and this graph helps to make sure that your team is creating Content with that core message in mind. Ensure that your Content is aligned to key strategies by seeing how many assets are added to at least one initiative. You can also select which field you would like to see that information broken down by on the right for further visibility.
- Alignment to Strategic Fields This graph allows you to understand how much of your content is tagged with each key field. Where are your team's strongest areas? Which personas or buying stages do you need more coverage on? Use these breakdown charts to ensure that your Content is aligned with specific fields and areas that are important to your marketing efforts. These charts give you the ability to look at your most critical fields and work on building better coverage for them. Select a field to view the distribution of its values across your Content and see how often those values are being utilized.
- Strategy Coverage The Strategy Coverage chart allows you to visualize where you might have gaps in your content. You may want to see coverage by Persona and Buying Stage broken down by content type.
- Use the drop downs to adjust your x and y axis.
- A set of system fields will be available by default. To allow custom fields to appear admins can follow these steps:
- Click on Studio
- Choose Settings > Custom fields
- For each field you'd like to display click the pencil icon to edit > check the box for "Show this field as an option in the Insights Dashboard"
- Click Save
- You can also adjust how the content is broken down in each donut graph by selecting a field in the breakdown drop down field.
- All content will display in the grid by default but you can easily filter for planned, in progress, or completed content only by choosing the appropriate option from the Stages drop down field.
Operations Graphs focus on the day to day of your content operation. There are three charts available.
Content Field Health The Content Field Health graph allows you to see how well your content is currently tagged in Kapost by assigning each field a grade A-F. View the overall health rating, or select the upper right hand dropdown to view by progress stage. You can also hover over the thermometer bars on the right for more specific field rankings, or click on the different sections of the donut chart for a more focused view of each grade.
The health grades are as follows:
A - 85 - 100%
B - 70 - 85%
C - 55 - 70%
D - 40 - 55%
F - 0 - 40%
Keep in mind that this graph only shows a current snapshot of how well your content is tagged today; it does not respond to the date range chosen at the top of the page
- Average Time to Produce Content The Average Time to Product Content graph shows the number of days on average it takes content to move from planned to completed stages and visualizes trends in how quickly you can produce content. Choose the menu in the upper right hand to display metrics for any of the given subsets of content and hover over any point to see specific numbers.
- Average Days to Complete Workflow Tasks The Average Days to Complete Workflow Tasks shows the amount of time it takes to move content from one task to the next. Choose the menu in the upper right hand corner to switch content types and hover over any bar to see the number of days on average it takes to complete a task. This chart helps you identify where you might see repetitive roadblocks and identify tasks that are slowing down your production process.
Reach Metrics are broken into two sections: Internal and External. Choose the appropriate board to access the appropriate metrics.
Internal Reach Metrics
Internal Reach Metrics are focused on the activity in the Kapost Gallery.
- Gallery Shares shows the number of times that anyone has clicked any action within the Share button on any asset in the Gallery.
- Gallery Downloads shows the number of times that the download button was clicked on any asset in the Gallery.
- Gallery Views shows the number of times anyone opens an asset to view it's details in the Gallery.
- Gallery Bitly Clicks is the number of times anyone clicks on the Gallery specific Bitly links of any asset in the Gallery. The measurement should give an indication of how many people who the asset is shared with actually click on the share and visit a content asset.
- Top 25 Assets Section allows you to choose the top 25 most Clicked (Bitly links), Downloaded, Shared, and Viewed assets in the Gallery. Choose the appropriate chart from the top right drop down menu.
- Top 10 (100) Gallery Sharers shows the (logged in) users who are clicking to share content the most in Gallery. Select the View Top 100 button to expand from the Top 10. Click View Top 10 to reduce the list from 100.
- Top 10 (100) Gallery Downloaders shows the (logged in) users who are downloaded assets the most in Gallery. Select the View Top 100 button to expand from the Top 10. Click View Top 10 to reduce the list from 100.
External Reach Metrics
External Reach Insights allow you to learn how the general public is engaging with the content. Metrics all require third party integrations.
- Cross Channel Reach shows the number of downloads, email opens, page views, and video views in a single bar chart. Hover over any section to see individual numbers. This allows you to see the breakdown of each of these types of activities and which are performing highest. Downloads and Page views metrics require integrations with Google Analytics and/or the use of publishing directly from Kapost to your website including Kapost tracking code. Email opens metrics require an integration with Eloqua, Marketo, or Pardot. Video views requires publishing directly to YouTube or Vidyard. You can toggle on and off any of the sources of data by clicking on them at the bottom of the graph.
- Referral Engagement per Channel shows where users come from when they are visiting your assets including Adroll, Adwords, Direct (by typing or pasting in a URL), DoubleClick, Facebook, LinkedIn, Outbrain, Paid Other, Search (such as Google), Taboola, and Twitter. This data requires an integration with Google Analytics. You can toggle on and off any of the sources by clicking on them under the graph.
- Channels Driving the Most Traffic shows comprehensively in a give period which channels (Search, Paid Advertising, Direct Access, Social, or other) are driving the most traffic. An integration with Google Analytics is required for this graph to populate.
- Channels Where Content is Most Shared shows where there are links to your content across LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. An integration is not needed to populate this graph. Kapost looks for exact matches to your published URL across these channels. If you promote using shortened links such as Bitly links, they will not be calculated in this graph.
- Top Engagement Performance shows Engagements across any of the selected criteria. Choose the appropriate criteria from the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner of the graph. Engagements include downloads, email opens, page views, and video views. Integration with Google Analytics and/or use of Kapost tracking code is required for downloads and page views. Emails opens requires an integration with Eloqua. Video views requires publishing directly to Vidyard or YouTube.
- Top Shares Performance shows shares across any of the selected criteria. Choose the appropriate criteria from the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner of the graph. Shares include anywhere your asset's published URL is on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Top 25 Assets Sections shows either Top 25 Most Engaging Assets or Top 25 most Shared Assets
- Engagements include downloads, email opens, page views, and video views. Integration with Google Analytics and/or use of Kapost tracking code is required for downloads and page views. Emails opens requires an integration with Eloqua. Video views requires publishing directly to Vidyard or YouTube.
- Shares are calculated by looking at social channels for an exact match of published URLs.
Custom reports allow you to design, save, and download reports unique to your business needs. To learn more about custom reports please click here.