We've completed another customer health sprint! Our health sprints are designed to prioritize common enhancements requested by our customers. Here are the exciting changes we have ready for you!
- Duplicate initiatives: Today you’re able to duplicate content, making the creation process less manual when content shares common data such as fields, workflow, and files. Now you’ll be able to do the same with initiatives. A bulk action to duplicate an initiative is now available which will allow you to duplicate the initiative and all its data including, field tags and associated content.
- Bulk tagging: Bulk tagging has been available on the content and initiative catalog for a while. Now, you’ll be able to use this feature on the initiative details page to quickly tag content associated with the initiative.
- Prevent non admins from checking off tasks they are not assigned to: Today, any user with access to workflow is able to complete any task whether they are assigned or not. This change will allow you to make sure users only complete tasks they are assigned to. Note: This is a new setting that a Kapost admin will need to configure.
- Streamlined creation process: We’ve reduced the number clicks when creating ideas, content, and initiatives. Now you will be taken directly to the details page when creating something new, and if you need to create multiple items at once, you’ll have the option to do this in bulk.
- Creation screen updates: You may notice another small change when creating ideas, content, and initiatives. The order on the creation screen has been adjusted to better align with the life cycle of creating marketing activities and content.
- Autocomplete with emailed tasks: Now when you enter an email address to email a task to someone, the email address will autocomplete if you’ve used it in the past.
- Filter on localization tasks: Workflow tasks can be configured on localization types, however, these tasks aren’t surfaced in the common filters you use today in catalog and calendar views until now. Moving forward, you will be able to filter on localization tasks just as you are able to with tasks on initiative and content types.
- Updated filter dropdowns: This is a small UI change that will result in faster loading of filters in catalogs and calendars.
- Rolled up org filters: If you currently belong to an org in Kapost, filtering at the org level has gotten much easier. We now combine fields with the same name and type across child instances in all filters at the org. This should make it much easier to find and filter for the data you’re looking for.
- Mandatory custom fields: Now you can make sure mandatory fields are really mandatory. You will now have the option to stop content from being submitted and/or published when mandatory fields are blank. You can also prevent ideas from being submitted until all mandatory data is added. Note: This is a new setting that a Kapost admin will need to configure.
- Retroactive visibility: Today there are a couple of settings where admins can control what content contributors are able to access. However, even with these settings, there is no way to grant visibility to everything (ideas, initiatives, content) to the contributor role. Now there is a new setting to do just that, making newly created and existing ideas, initiatives, and content available to all members in your instance. Note: This is a new setting that a Kapost admin will need to configure.
- Member activity additions: Admins are able to see a rollup view of what actions users are taking in Kapost. We plan to continue to add to the current list of actions available today. The most recent addition is the ability to see when field tags have been updated and by whom.
- Instance notification preferences: If you belong to multiple Kapost instances, you may not want to receive certain notifications like idea submissions from certain instances. Now, in your notification settings in your profile, you’ll be able to specify which instances you want to receive certain system notifications for. Note: This is a new setting on the notification preferences page that users belonging to multiple instances will need to update.