This article will teach you how to integrate with Vidyard and publish from your Kapost Instance to your Vidyard platform.
Go to the App Center in your Settings area.
Scroll down below existing connections and select Install More Apps.
Select the Vidyard icon.
Enter which instance you wish to install it on.
You will be taken back to your instance and asked to name your connection and provide an API key. You can get your API key by contacting Vidyard directly. Make sure that the API Key you receive belongs to a user who has "write access," otherwise you will not be able to post to Vidyard from Kapost. Click connect.
Now you will want to assign Vidyard as a primary destination with a video content type body. Learn how to do that here. Vidyard connects with posts with video body types.
After you've created your post and are ready to publish, click the Publish button at the top of your post and choose Vidyard as your destination. Once the post is published, you will be given the embed code and the link.
Syncing Vidyard Fields:
Here is how to map fields in Kapost to fields in Vidyard:
- Name in Vidyard is automatically mapped to the Title field in Kapost.
- Tags in Vidyard are mapped to the built-in CMS tag field in Kapost. You can find this in the field below any piece of content in studio.
- For Vidyard notes, create a new custom field in Kapost with a field type of Text (multi-line but NOT html) and the following field name: kapost_vidyard_notes .
- For Vidyard description, create a new custom field in Kapost with a field type of Text (multi-line but NOT html) and the following field name: kapost_vidyard_description .
- For Vidyard categories, create a custom field in Kapost with a field name of kapost_vidyard_
categories with a field type of Dropdown and values listed below:
Film & Animation
Autos & Vehicles
Pets & Animals
Travel & Events
People & Blogs
News & Politics
Howto & Style
Science & Technology
Nonprofits & Activism
Kapost uses Vidyards’s API to display the following metrics on published videos. Note: Kapost captures Vidyard activity two days after it occurs.
- Views: The total number of times the given Vidyard video was viewed.
- Favorites: The total number of times viewers favorited the given Vidyard video.
- Comments: The total number of comments viewers made on the given Vidyard video.