Smart deadlines are established to save time and automate a workflow. A "smart deadline" is a deadline date that is relative to another task in the workflow. It can be set either before or after the completion or deadline of the other task.
For example: Blog posts are always promoted 1 day after the publication deadline. This means that the Promotion task deadline will automatically populate with a deadline date that is 1 day after the Publication task deadline date. Deadline dates are only calculated based on Monday-Friday business days.
Steps to assign a smart deadline to a task:
- Go to Settings: Content Types and Workflow or Initiative Types and Workflow on the side navigation menu
- Hover over the task for which a smart deadline is being created
- Click the Edit icon (Pencil)
- Click the Select a Date button
- Input the number of days or hours
- Select Before or After
- Select Completion or Deadline Completion=when the task is actually checked off Deadline=when the task is scheduled to be checked off You cannot choose completion unless the smart deadline is set to “After” the completion of the task
- Select the task to which the smart deadline is relative to
- Click Save
A Smart Task is a task that will automatically get checked off when a determined action is completed. Smart tasks help to automate the workflow. There can only be one type of smart action per content type or content asset. For example: Completed by Publishing can only appear on one task in a workflow.
Steps to create a smart task:
1. Hover over the task for which a smart task is being created
2. Click the Edit icon
3. Click the drop down menu under Completed By
4. Select a smart action
5. Click save
Note: Saving in settings means that these changes will appear every time you click create a new content or Initiative.