What Is This Feature?
Kapost Admins configure the settings for the content types their teams use in their content operation. Content type settings can be edited at any time by Kapost Admins.
Content type settings include the following sections to customize the content relevant to your organization:
- Access Defaults
- Custom Fields
- Prefill Settings: Coming soon!
If you have any questions about your team’s content type settings, ask your Kapost Admin or CSM for further information.
How It Helps
The configurations or settings for your content types in Kapost are what determine important characteristics for your content, like custom fields and workflow.
Each type of content your Kapost Admin(s) create in Kapost—from eBooks to webinars to blog posts—is unique to your how your business teams operate and is designed to enable efficient execution.
- Since content type settings can be edited at any time, assess your settings periodically in order to ensure that they’re always configured optimally for your team. For example, your standard task workflows should include current team members in Kapost only.
- To help eliminate confusion when it comes to tagging content, create sections to organize related custom fields that should be grouped together. For example, you can specify which teams or groups in Kapost should be responsible for applying specific custom fields on certain types of content.
How It Works
Navigate to the content type settings area via the Content Types & Workflow link in the left navigation bar.
Here, you’ll find an alphabetized list of all the content types configured in your instance.
The icons that appear on the right end of a content type’s row let you perform certain actions:
- The pencil icon enables you to edit the content type
- The pages icon enables you to duplicate the content type
- The trashcan icon enables you to delete the content type
Configuring Content Type Settings
Click on the green Add Content Type button at the top left side of the page to create a new content type in Kapost.
If you’re editing an existing content type’s settings, click on the pencil icon to expand the settings area.
When you’re editing content type settings, you’ll see tabs along the top of the content type’s settings. Each tab toggles to a section to configure.
Options: Configure the content type’s icon, title, field name, body type, publish settings, primary destinations, destination groups, and promotions destinations.
Access Defaults: Configure the content type’s creation defaults here, which determine which users in your Kapost instance are allowed to create this type of content.
Workflow: The Workflow tab is where Admins set up the task workflows associated with a type of content, including task owners, smart deadlines, and task titles. Note that workflows on content can always be manually edited from within the content view as needed but these one-off tasks are not available through reporting.
Custom Fields: Choose the custom fields, or metadata, that your team will be able to apply to your content and initiatives. For detailed instructions on configuring custom fields, read this article.
The custom fields listed can be dragged and dropped into any order.
Configuring Content Type Sections
Click on the green Add Section button to create a new section for the content type and enter a title and description for the section.
In the example images below, sections designate a team or group who should be responsible for applying specific custom fields on certain types of content.
Prefill Settings: Coming soon!
For specific instructions for the event content type, read this article.