You can bulk import your existing members by first clicking on the "Add Members" button on the Members tab. Please note, you will only be able to upload contributors this way. Learn about the different member roles here.
There will be an area for CSV Upload at the bottom. Click the upload button and select the CSV file:
The CSV file you upload should have a header row as the first row followed by one row for each member.
These are the fields you can supply. Your header row should match the field names below.
- Email: Required. This is what your member will use to login.
- Password: Optional. If not provided, we'll generate a random password. The member can click on "Forgot Password" in the sign in dialog to generate a new password.
- Name: Optional. If this is not provided, we'll use the first part of the email address
- Bio: Optional
- Default Rate: Optional. If you want to set the member's default payment rate. If not set it will default to the newsroom's default.
- External ID: Optional. If you want to associate this member with some external system's ID, you can provide that here.
- Group: Optional. You can have multiple headers with the title of Group. Put the name of the group in this field and the new member will be associated with the group.
- Client. This is the name of the client in your newsroom. It is only needed if you are using the Client View feature.
Please note, if you upload users this way they will be automatically added to Kapost without receiving an invite.