The email approver feature allows people to review and approve workflow tasks by email. The email can be sent to anyone, including people who are not part of Kapost. Note: This is only a feature available for content workflows.
This is a common use case for executive or legal review; stakeholders who do not need full access to Kapost, aren't regular users, but do need to sign off on things.
The "Approver" (recipient of the task email) can:
1. Reply directly to the email. Their reply is captured in the content's activity stream.
2. Click the link in the email and go to the new approver task page. On this page they can:
a. View a read-only copy of the content.
b. See the task they were assigned (i.e. legal approval) and check it off.
c. Leave a comment in activity stream.
An approver cannot revise or edit content. They are limited to interactions on the task pane.
See screen shots below for context on how this is done:
1) When the Approver feature is enabled you will see a share arrow icon when you hover over a task. Click it!
2) Enter your recipients email, then click Enter. Add a custom message. Recipients can be people outside of Kapost as well as other Kapost users.
3) The recipient of the task email will get a link to a page in Kapost. Here they can review the content, comment, and approve the task they were assigned.
If you are interested in this feature, please contact your Account Executive about upgrading your plan.