Locate the persona and buying stage grid on the tab labeled Personas on the side navigation bar of your instance.
Steps to Create a persona:
- Navigate to the left hand navigation bar and select Personas. You will be taken to the persona and buying stage grid. You’ll see the list of Personas on the top x-axis of the grid.
- Click Add Persona on the top right side of the grid.
- To the left of the persona name, you’ll see a small silhouette icon You can edit this icon for each persona by clicking into the icon and selection from the options that appear below.
- Below the blue column header is a box where you can input a description about the persona. This description can include details about the persona, such as their interests, challenges, questions, concerns and details about their lives. *If there is existing sample text in this box when you go to input this information, highlight the existing text and delete it.
- Once you have created your persona name, icon and description, select the blue “save” button below the box to save your work.
Steps to Create a buying stage:
- Navigate to the left hand navigation bar and select Personas. You will be taken to the persona and buying stage grid. You’ll see the list of buying stages on the top y-axis of the grid.
- Click Add buying stage below any existing stages on the y -axis.
- To change the color of the square to the left of the buying stage, simply click on the square and other color options will appear.
- Once you have created your buying stage name and color, select the blue “save” button below the box to save your work.
The boxes at the intersections of the persona and buying stage grid are where you input information about content for each persona at each buying stage. This can include messaging, types of content (i.e. whitepaper vs. tweet) and channel.
Steps to input text into the intersection:
- Click into the box at the intersection, delete any sample text, and write your description.
- Click outside of the intersection box to save.
Delete a persona/buying stage:
To delete a persona, click into the persona name or persona description and select “Delete” below the cell.
If you would like to delete a buying stage, click into the buying stage name and select “Delete” below the cell.
Note: Deleting a persona will delete the entire column and deleting a buying stage will delete the entire row. This information, including tagged personas and buyings stages on content, cannot be recovered. Please speak to your Customer Success Manager about ways to change personas and buying stages without loosing data.