Gallery Collections Overview
A Gallery Collection is a strategic grouping of your completed content assets. Collections can be created to support a variety of content needs throughout your organization. For example, you may create a Sales Enablement collection and include all content assets that would assist the sales team with their goals.
Completed content can be included in one or multiple Gallery Collections. Content must be added to the Gallery from Studio before it can be included in a Collection.
Content is not published automatically: For content uploaded to Gallery, its URL will be black and must be added in in Studio, or published and that URL added.
Notice the collection icons in the image below:
- If a number is at the top of a collection, it is representing how many new content assets have been added to that collection since you clicked into that collection last. The icon will disappear once you click into the collection.
- If a NEW icon exists, it means the collection is newly added and you have not clicked into it yet. The icon will disappear once you click into the collection.
- If an info icon exists, it means an Admin has added a collection description. Click on the icon to see the collection description.
To access a collection, click on the collection card. All content assets in the Collection display in thumbnail views.
Use the search bar to search for content titles. Search within collections uses the same rules for matching items as Global Search.
Use the filters above the content assets to narrow your search by different criteria. The filters are enables by a Kapost Admin.
Use the icons under the content asset thumbnail image for quick access download, share, or favorite.
Note Icons May Vary:
- The favorite icon is only available if the user is logged in as an authenticated user of Kapost.
- The Share icon is only available if a Kapost Admin has made the asset sharable and there is a URL to be shared.
- The Download icon is only available if a Kapost Admin has made the asset downloadable and there is a document to be downloaded.
To view the asset you can also hover over the thumbnail and select View More.
Once you click View More, you will be taken to the content details page.
Content details include:
- Content Type in Studio
- First Published Date
- Last Modified Date
- Settings Wheel for Kapost Admins to edit the content asset details.
- Body of Content (if applicable)
- Published URL (if applicable) - Click COPY to copy link to clipboard.
- Gallery Bit.ly - Click COPY to copy link to clipboard.
- Notes or talking points
- Custom fields (metadata tags) - Click the + sign to expand.
- Collections where the content asset exists - Click the + sign to expand.
Click the Favorite icon to add the content to your personal favorites folder. The number next to the heart icon represents how many times the asset has been favorited by authenticated Kapost users.
If settings are enabled you will see icons for downloading and/or sharing the content.
Click Download to download the content to your computer. Click Share to distribute content via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Email.
For more information about Bundling Content in Gallery, read this article.
Note: You must enter the required information once one of the destination icons above is selected.
Click here to learn how a Kapost Admin can setup collections.
From within a Collection, sort your search results for the content in the Collection. Once you enter in a search term, your results will sort by relevancy by default and provide content relevant to your search term.
To filter your search results differently, choose an option from the dropdown menu next to the search area.