Here's how you integrate your Instance with Joomla. Please note, Kapost only integrates with Joomla 1.5.
To fully integrate with Joomla, you will need to install and enable plugins in your Joomla CMS. Specifically, you need to install and enable:
- XML-RPC Plugin - Joomla. This is typically installed by default
- XML-RPC - Metaweblog. This is not installed by default. You can download it on our plugins page - choose the download labeled "Joomla Metaw."
- Note: if this is already installed, then uninstall it first and replace it with the plugin listed above.
- Content - Kapost Byline. This is not installed by default. You can download it on our plugins page - choose the download labeled "Joomla."
- Note: This module will allow the post submitted from the Kapost newsroom be associated with the author of that post. If that author does not exist in Joomla as a user (trying to match email addresses), this module will create that user in Joomla.
To install the plugins, go to Extensions > Install / Uninstall. Using the "Choose File" button, upload the plugins you have recently downloaded from the sources listed above.
After installing the plugins, they now need to be enabled. To do this, go to Extension > Plug-in Manager:
You are now ready to connect your newsroom to Kapost.
To integrate your instance with Joomla, go to the "Settings" tab in your instance. Once there, click on the "App Center" tab, and scroll down to click on "Install More Apps." When you see the list of available apps, click on Joomla. Choose which instance you would like to hook up to Joomla.
You will be taken back to that instance and asked to enter your Joomla credentials into your App Center.
Once you have done this successfully, you will be integrated with Joomla.
Make sure you add it as a destination on your HTML content type if you wish to publish to your Joomla CMS.