Localization in Kapost enables teams to manage global content by allowing them to easily create and organize localized versions of an asset for multiple languages and countries in one click.
You will be able to quickly duplicate a content asset to be worked on by multiple teams with different workflows and processes. For example, this feature will help your team duplicate a Case Study 5 times to enable creation of the asset for 5 different teams. A Kapost Admin can click here to learn how to configure localization in settings.
Note: Only Admins and Editors in Kapost are able to localize content.
To begin, create the piece of content you'd like to localize. Select Localize from the More dropdown menu.
A window will appear. Select the appropriate values. A separate piece of content will be created for each of the selected values.
Click the create button on the bottom right corner of the window. A progress window will appear showing the assets being created. You may close this window before it is complete if you wish as the localization will still be completed.
The assets will populate at the top of the content catalog.
- If the content asset that was localized is in an existing initiative, the assets created will also be added to that initiative.
- If your settings allow, Kapost will also create a separate initiative for all localized assets to keep them organized automatically. The initiative will appear at the top of your initiative catalog with 'Localized' in front of the title but can be altered after creation.
A Kapost Admin can configure this in settings.
Click into each asset to modify. Notice a new workflow and set of custom fields based on the localized types configured in settings. If the localized types share custom fields with the original asset, those values will be carried over to the new content assets.
The localized asset will automatically be:
- Titled the original asset + Language custom field value
- Tagged with the correct Language custom field value
- Tagged with the initiative(s) that were automatically assigned depending on settings
- Tagged with the correct content type
- Tagged with content owner
A Kapost Admin can click here to learn how to configure localization in settings.
Note: Once localized, the content assets are treated separately. Reporting/analytics capabilities are the same as any other content asset in Kapost and are not gathered into one report unless you are looking at the localized assets in an initiative.