Please contact your Kapost Account Executive if you are interested in having the localization feature in your instance. The initial setup is done by the Kapost configuration team to ensure your process is reflected correctly in your instance. To understand more about the setup process please reference the steps below.
The Kapost Localization feature provides an easy process for creating internationalized content. You will be able to quickly duplicate a content asset to be worked on by multiple teams with different workflows and processes. For example, this feature will help your team duplicate a Case Study 5 times to enable distribution of the asset in 5 different languages. Click here to learn how to use Localization in the Kapost.
There are many steps involved with setting up localization. A Kapost Admin can follow the steps below or reach out to their Kapost CSM for help configuring the system. High level steps:
- Create a dropdown custom field that contains the languages you will be localizing content for. Each language will be a field value on its own line. For example, Language would be the custom field display name and each language (English, Spanish, French, etc) would be an option in the dropdown menu. Click here to learn how to create a custom field.
- Optional: Create an initiative type where localized content will automatically be grouped when created. Click here to learn how to create an initiative type.
Localization Settings (Explained in more detail below)
- Choose the optional initiative type
- Choose the custom field i.e. language as well as the default values to show up when you click localize.
- Create the localized types
After creating the custom field and optional initiative type from General Settings, begin configuring localization settings by selecting Localization from the settings icon on the left navigation menu.
- Choose the initiative type created for localization. This will be the initiative type where localized content is automatically grouped when created. Select none, if you do not wish for an initiative to be created automatically.
- Choose the custom field created for localization. (i.e. Language)
- Choose the default selections that will be checked every time a user clicks localize. The user can modify the selections before localizing content.
- Click Save.
Click Localization Types. Begin creating the localization types for each content type. In the example above you would create a set of localization types for English, Spanish, French and German Blog Posts. Then create another set for Case Studies, and so on.
Choose the content type you will be creating localized types for. Click Add new localization type.
- Custom field value (i.e. Language)
- Content owner
- Custom fields
Click save. Repeat steps above to create another localized type for the content type selected. Click the edit icon (pencil) to edit the localized type. Click the trashcan icon to delete the localized type.
Switch the content type and repeat steps above to create a new set of localization types.
Please contact your Kapost CSM with an questions about setting up localization in your instance. Click here to learn how to use localization in Kapost.