What does Gallery search allow you to do?
- Search allows you to look for and surface results across Kapost.
- Search will look at a multitude of fields including, but not limited to: Title, Author, Content Body, Standard Fields, and Custom Fields.
- Search allows you to find the content you need as quickly as possible.
Steps To Initiate Search
- While in Gallery, click the search magnifying glass icon on the top navigation bar. An overlay will open with a search input field. *Smart search without the overlay is also available on all search bars in Gallery including Collections, Favorites, and All Content within Manage Content.
- Type in your query to find results
- Click on the asset to open it
- Click the share icon to share the asset (Only available if enabled in settings and the asset has a shareable URL)
- Click the download icon (Only available if enabled in settings and the asset is downloadable)
- Click the X to exit the window
What shows up when you search?
- After typing in your query you will see results start to come in via the type-ahead searching
- Results are arranged by type into three categories: Gallery content, Collections, Studio content
- Search results are codified with appropriate asset type icons
- Snippets will show the matching query pieces in bold
What is the benefit of search?
- You can now search for assets across Gallery and Studio content as well as Gallery collections without having to go to separate locations
- The search now includes more exhaustive data points, providing more accurate results
- You can leverage type-ahead searching to surface results
- You can expect a very fast and easy to use interface
Kapost Gallery Search in the Salesforce
When you embed the Kapost Gallery anywhere or install the Kapost Salesforce Gallery App, logged in users will have the ability to utilize an extension of Gallery Search. Use the Search All Content Bar at the top of the Gallery. Note, the example below is showing the Search All Content icon within the Kapost Salesforce Gallery App when Content Recommendations have been turned on.
Global Search Logic
The Kapost global search code is built to deal with "stemming."
For example, "keeled" does bring up "keel" because the stem of "keeled" is "keel." On the other hand, "kee" is just a grouping of characters not related to "keel" so it is not matched.
The Search Logic will use natural English language processing to help make words more discoverable in our search. With that in mind, “kee” is not a word in English so it doesn’t know “kee” and “keel” are related based on English syntax.