Drum roll, please: Kapost's latest product release is here! Here are some new platform features we think you'll love at a glance:
- Publish Permissions are moving to the app center in Kapost to enable multiple publish destinations so that different teams in Kapost can always publish their content to the right place.
- Hot on the heels of our last product release, Adoption Charts now include more user actions and activities so managers can understand how their teams are utilizing Kapost features.
- Calling all product pioneers: Help us refine Bundling Content in beta! Bundling Content (a.k.a., Bundles) enables you and your colleagues in sales to share multiple pieces of content from your Gallery via a curated microsite—no more one-off email attachments! Let your Kapost CSM or Admin know that you'd like to try out Bundles in Beta!
The features in this release are designed to help manage the key elements—the people, processes, and tools—of your content operation more smoothly. Just as many teams work together at your company to achieve shared goals, when teams work together in one platform with shared resources the cross-team experience should be as streamlined as possible. A new structure for Publish Permissions, more Adoption Charts actions, and rolling out Bundling Content in beta serve to help marketers, salespeople, and Kapost Admins manage the dynamics of shared resources among teams.
Read on for more details!
Publish Permissions Are Shifting to Clear up Content Type Clutter
With multiple teams working in a single Kapost instance, things can get tricky when it's time to publish content to the right destination. We're giving you a better way to manage your publish system.
Kapost users have told us that they often create multiple versions of content types based on their publishing requirements since permission to publish was set on each content type. That meant that if you have multiple publish destinations for a blog, for example, you didn't have any control over users publishing to a specific CMS versus another.
Based on this feedback, Kapost Admins now control who may publish via each connection in the app center in Kapost. You can add multiple publish destinations to a content type and make it so that some Kapost users in your instance can only publish to a certain destination.
The new Publish Permissions structure will better enable you to facilitate multiple, distinct teams operating in one platform. When you have more than one team sharing a single Kapost instance, each team may have its own publishing systems. Each team may also need to be able to share a similar content type in order for important Kapost settings and features, like taxonomy definition, filtering, and Insights, to be easy to use for all teams in an instance.
Kapost Admins can use the new Publish Permissions structure to fully understand the publishing abilities and constraints of individual users and different groups of users in their Kapost instance. Admins, make sure you are aware of your permissions to allow a user to publish to a certain publish destination, as well as allow a group to publish to a certain publish destination. That way, you will totally orchestrate your organization's content flow from start to finish.
For Kapost users that just need to hit the publish button to complete their workflow task, you don't have to worry about anything going awry when you click publish: your publish destinations are set.
Please get in touch with your Kapost CSM if you need assistance setting up and managing your permissions.
Even More Adoption Charts Actions!
Last month we introduced you to Adoption Charts, which help you assess your team's use of the Kapost platform. Now, you have even more actions to track!
Adoption Charts are configurable Charts (on Saved Boards within the Insights App) that enable you to see how your team members use Kapost's platform and where there's room for improvement. They help you understand adoption data for platform usage and completion of crucial steps because we know how important it is for you and your team to have visibility into your processes to manage teams and dependencies.
New actions available for you to track what you'll find in the settings for your Adoption Charts include:
- Added Content to Gallery
- Added Content to Initiative
- Created Content
- Commented on Comment
- Completed Content Workflow Task
- Viewed Calendar Saved Views
- And many more!
Now in Beta: Bundling Content (a.k.a., Bundles) Delivers the Right Group of Content to Prospects in One Package
It can be tough for marketers and sales to work together to make sure customers and prospects receive the most timely, relevant content.
In fact, Kapost recently published The 2018 Marketing-Sales Alignment Benchmark, our first report on the state of alignment between B2B sales and marketing teams at midmarket and enterprise organizations. We found that while most marketing and sales teams believe they're aligned, 55% of marketers don’t know which assets sales uses most, and 68% of marketers believe sales isn’t using marketing content to its full potential.
Gallery helps many Kapost users ensure customer-facing teams are using the latest and greatest content for their interactions with customers, as well as for when sales teams are sharing content with prospects to convert them to customers. But we've heard that content shared via email attachments can sometimes get buried and lost in busy inboxes. And you can't track engagement data around shared content.
Enter Bundles: With this functionality, now in beta, you can curate small groups of content to share internally and also externally to prospects. Bundling Content enables you to:
- Send content strategically. Sharing content in a one-off manner is inefficient and leads to content becoming buried across multiple emails and channels. Bundling Content eliminates this so you can provide a purposefully ordered package of content to your recipient to lead them on a content journey.
- Direct prospects to a single place with all the relevant content they need to learn and make decisions. When your prospects know exactly where to go for the information they need, you don't need to worry about what they did or did not receive. Bundles work well with the mentality of modern decision makers who want to self-educate with content when it's convenient versus attend multiple phone calls with reps.
- Build strong relationships based on content. We know that content is currency when it comes to marketing your company's offerings, especially for sales professionals who need to make an impact. With Bundles, sales teams can target prospects' interests and concerns with highly-relevant content.
(Did we mention how excited we are to use Bundles ourselves?)
Like we said above, please let your Kapost CSM or Admin know that you'd like to try out Bundles in beta! We would love to turn on this feature early for some Kapost product pioneers and hear about your experience with Bundling Content before it's available to everyone later this year. For now, we invite you to take a look at and interact with this demo Bundle to see what they're all about.
In addition to the above-mentioned features, there are several other updates we want to make sure you know about:
- Same tabs, different look: We're updating how Insights tabs appear. When you’re adding a new chart to a Saved Board in the Insights app, the tabs will be visible in the pop-up modal that you use to add a new chart, rather than appearing as tabs in the Insights home screen view.
- We updated the Brightcove Integration to use OAuth, the industry standard protocol. This is the latest in security as compared to the old style where you simply copied a token in a one-step process. Thus, it's a bit more complicated and should be handled by technical personnel. Read all about it here.
- For your Ideas, Content, and Initiatives catalogs, you have the option to make the default view the "All" view (e.g., All Content), if that view would serve you best.
As always, if you'd like to share what you think about this round of product updates, please do so via our product feedback form. If you have questions about any of the updates, reach out to your Kapost CSM or Admin, or submit a support ticket.