What Is This Feature?
*Prefill Custom Fields on content in Studio are currently in beta. Please reach out to your Kapost CSM if you would like to use this feature.
Prefill Custom Fields (a.k.a., Team Default Tags) on content in Studio is a feature that lets you configure specific custom fields on content types to enable your teams to fill in custom fields quickly and accurately. Once configured, Prefill Custom Fields ensure that the correct metadata is applied on content in Studio.
How It Helps
Prefill Custom Fields on content makes tagging content consistent and convenient. This feature means your content creators can fill in fields fully and accurately with less manual work. The result is clean data in Kapost on each piece of content created, so you know you can trust the data you analyze.
Prefill Custom Fields provide teams an easy, fast way to apply custom fields on content to ensure that you can find, organize, filter, and report on it when you need to.
This feature is especially useful when multiple teams work in the same Kapost platform and sometimes collaborate on the same piece of content. Who should be responsible for applying the custom fields on content? With Custom Field Defaults in place, this is taken care of by the time you land on a content asset.
- Include many teams and stakeholders when developing a strategic taxonomy so that your metadata tags can be configured in Kapost and Prefill Custom Fields can be leveraged by multiple teams.
- Communicate to your teams that Team Default Tags are a launchpad to get the tags applied and save them time, but they can still add or delete individual fields as needed on content.
- Use Team Default Tags when multiple teams work with the same content type to alleviate any confusion around who should apply which tags.
- Name your Prefill Custom Fields for the team you know will use them, so they can be easily differentiated when teams work on content.
How It Works
To configure Prefill Custom Fields on content, go to the Content Types & Workflow settings area in Kapost from the left navigation bar.
Select the content type in which to configure Prefill Custom Fields. Click on the pencil icon to edit the content type’s settings and select the tab for Prefill Settings.
Create a new Prefill Custom Field by clicking on the green New Prefill button. Give your new Prefill Custom Field a name, choose the team or business unit that will be responsible for these custom fields, and then select the correct tags for the content type.
The custom fields you select here will be the Prefill Custom Fields that will populate when selected on the content details page.
You can leave custom fields blank at this time if they should be added manually specific to the chosen content or Initiative.
The list of Prefill Custom Fields you configure has a star icon next to the pencil icon. Click on the star to apply that Prefill Custom Fields by default when this type of content is created. This Prefill Custom Field will be selected by default for its content type in the modal to create new content, but another selection can be made manually.
- Click the green Save button to record your updates.
- To edit existing Prefill Custom Fields and adjust the custom fields applied, click on the pencil icon to update your selections.
- The trashcan icon gives you the ability to delete any Prefill Custom Fields you no longer need.
Each content type you use in Kapost could have different custom fields to apply as Prefill Custom Fields.
To adjust these custom fields, click on the Custom Fields tab next to the Prefill Settings tab.
Once you configure Prefill Custom Fields on content, your teams working in Kapost will be able to select them from the Apply Prefills drop-down menu above the body of content in Studio when they’re creating content.